Tis the season for spaghetti squash!
The pluthera of squash that is out there can be very overwhelming. My favorite sqaush by far is the infamous spaghetti squash. Not only is a delicious, low carb substitute for pasta dishes, its also good for you!
Here's how spaghetti squash can help you:
Contains Omega 3 fatty acids which help reduce inflammation
Rich in beta carotene which helps eyesight as well as preventing atherlersclerosis (which can cause strokes or heart attack)
High in Potassium which helps lower blood pressure
Helps enhance circulation
High in folate which helps prevent birth defects in pregnant woman (folates also great for your hair)
High in vitamin C and vitamin A as well as antioxidants which will help build up your immune system.
If thats not enough to get you to start eating spaghetti squash, have I mentioned how delicious it is?
This is what my dinner last night looked like.
Here's how to make it:
1 3-4 lb spaghetti squash
1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
4 slice of nitrate/preservative free bacon
4 cloves of organic garlic
6 tbsp grass fed salted butter
1 lb organic chicken tenders
1/4 cup organic peas (I use frozen ones)
1. Sautee' chicken tenders in 1 tbsp butter until golden on both sides. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Cook bacon slices. Slice Garlic cloves and add to bacon until golden brown.
3. Remove bacon and bacon greese and add the rest of the butter. Allow to cook for about 1 minute and then add in the unsweetened almond milk, peas,bacon and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Let it simmer for 4-5 minutes or until peas are soft.
5. Start to slowly add in the potato flour until you reach the consistency that you desire.
6. Once the sauce is ready add in chicken you placed to the side. Stir and let cook for about a minute.
7. Finish with grated parmesean cheese on top and serve :)